That wedding glow isn’t the result of a single day’s effort. You have to start preparing weeks, if not months ahead of time. Our skin regenerates itself every 27 days. It’s essential to start taking care of your skin at least three months prior so you may notice a visible difference and healthier skin on that special day!
Our team has compiled some no-fret, easy to manage tips for you to follow because we know you’re going crazy over your wedding dress scavenger hunt and don’t have a lot of time. These essential tips are must-haves for all women and not just brides to be! (Like is there even a time to start taking care of your skin?).
Hydrate inside and out. Start your day with lukewarm water and honey. Commit to drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day. Keep a bottle with you all day long so you don’t forget to drink it. The right way to drink water is by sipping it slowly (like tea) and allowing it to mix with your saliva, instead of gulping everything down.
2. Skincare Routine
Comprise a skin care routine that best suits your skin type and never miss a day of prepping your skin. A skincare routine consists of the following steps:
- Cleansing; choose a mild cleanser for everyday use. There are so many effective products in the market made especially for dry, oily or combination skin.
- Exfoliating: exfoliate your skin twice a week. Tea tree exfoliators or an exfoliating mask works great.
- Toning: toning controls the PH level of your skin and brings it back to normal after so many product applications. It also minimizes pores.
- Face Serum or Night Cream: invest in a really good night cream or face serum to apply on your skin afterward. Aveeno, Murad, Dermalogica, and The Body Shop has some amazing variety of night creams and serums.
Read about Vitamin C serums in the next section (We love face serums and can’t stop talking about it!)
Make sure you remove your makeup every night before you go to bed. It’s the time when your skin regenerates itself. So, allow it to heal and you’ll never get breakouts.
3. Vitamin C Serums
Vitamin C is like gold for your skin. If you can’t buy a ton load of products, and we had to recommend only one thing, we would say go with a good quality vitamin C serum. It not only radiates the skin but also evens out skin tone and gets rid of pigmentation or dark patches. SkinCeuticals, Drunk Elephant, and Clinique are some brands that experts swear by for these!
4. Natural Face Packs
Natural face packs offer visible results with no investment. All you need to do is go into the kitchen, combine the right products and apply them on your skin!
Make sure to apply these face packs at least twice or thrice a week to witness amazing results.
- The yogurt and honey mask; apply it every day for thirty minutes to see the magic.
- Egg whites, milk and lemon juice; once or twice a week is enough to give a natural shine to the skin.
- Aloe Vera; lemon juice and aloe vera can get rid of any face marks, pimples, and
- Honey, green tea, and coconut oil heals the skin and prevents dryness.
- Avocado, oatmeal, and coconut oil work to improve skin texture and complexion.
These face masks also allow makeup application to become easy as hell!
5. Professional Facials and Deep Cleaning
Get a facial at least a week before your wedding so your skin gets time to heal. Same goes for the wax. A pre-wedding facial further improves the skin texture and gets rid of blackheads and dead skin.
Also, don’t forget your hands and feet! Apart from the manicure and pedicure, pamper your hands with a hand and foot cream every night.
Remember girls, going an extra mile with your self-care efforts definitely show visible results on the big day. Your body deserves to be pampered!
Let us know which tips you tried and loved